March 14, 2011

Whats Popped Up: Engaging pop-up book



One month ago, I asked my long-time love to marry me. During our Valentine’s dinner I wooed her with flowers, chocolates, and an elaborate home cooked meal. In return she sang me a German love song and presented me with a beautiful letterpress card and framed photograph of the two of us. Now, being a paper engineer has a lot of perks. I get to cut and paste paper all day long and make children’s pop-up books, but there is a downside. Your girlfriend knows your capacities and over the years comes to expect the occasional custom pop-up card. But I think that I was able to surprise her this time with a hand bound three page pop-up book. It is rare to make her speechless but rest assured that by the end of the book as I asked her a question on bended knee, she managed to whisper a single word…yes!


~Kyle

1 comment:

Shelley Noble said...

OH! That was you! Saw the book featured elsewhere and was naturally impressed! Happy to know your bride to be was as well!

Best wishes for your happy clever paper folding long lives together!