March 30, 2011

Artist Watch: Blu

Blu is an Italian street artist, he started painting on Bologna's walls around 1999 but since then he has spread his work everywhere around the world.
His murals are always related and strongly linked with the place where he paints them, his works always try to engage the people in a quiet yet powerful way.
His art has contributed to a radical and silent change in contemporary art business by trying to make it free or much more available.

I had the chance to meet him when I was 16 and I still remember how he surprised me.
He was much shorter than I though (his walls are huge, I expected him to be very tall) and he didn't say much but I won't ever forget his gentle attitude, much more eloquent then any word.

Find out more about Blu here:
 

~Gio



No comments: