October 17, 2008

The return of a Disney classic (again)...

One of my fondest childhood memories is watching Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I know, big shock right? Pretty pretty princess movies were a must in my house!
And now it has been re-released on DVD!

I had to have it and relive one of my favorite films! I did and it's still awesome.

Eyvind Earle was the artist behind Sleeping Beauty's design-style, lush backgrounds, and fantastic colors. The Disney studios gave
Mr. Earle over a week to do each background painting, instead of the one day turnaround other artists got.

This is one of the most stylized animated films Disney had put out at the time (and in my opinion, ever)... after watching it again I've realized that this
film still inspires me today. And I owe it all to Eyvind Earle.

xo
Jess

No comments: