April 2, 2010

Pop-Ups in Ohio

This coming Monday marks the opening of a new pop-up exhibit at the Cincinnati Library. The Wonderful World of Pop-Ups: From the Collection of Carolyn S. Hughes will be on view in the Main Library’s Cincinnati Room from April 5 through June 27. Carolyn Hughes is a passionate book lover and pop-up collector that I have had the pleasant of meeting with over the years. She contacted me to let me know that she selected my book, Castle, to be one of pop-ups presented at the library. Carolyn went on to say, “There will be 115 books & things… It will be in the rare book department in beautiful cases that have alarms in them. How sweet! I have 570+ books, so it was really hard to select which would be used. I tried to have variety of subject matter, artists, & of course the all important paper engineer.”



One of her favorite paper engineers is Bruce Foster, who is no stranger to this blog. In fact Carolyn goes so far to claim, “I'm the self appointed President of the Bruce Foster Fan Club, Ohio Chapter!” So it only seems fitting that Bruce will be joining in the opening festivities and give a presentation on his amazing work next Sunday, April 11 at 2:30pm. More info can be found here.

Additional details of both events can be found on the first two pages of the library newsletter.

I had a chance to get a sneak peek at the exhibition list and found it a well balanced show. Go check it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

~Kyle

No comments: