April 7, 2011

Vintage Movable Review: Toyota Ad





Here is the last of my recent batch of pop-up promotional pieces. I’d like to think that I saved the best for last, but I’ll let you be the judge. I offer you an Australian safety campaign for the Toyota Camry from 1993. Like the Mercedes advertisement from last week, this is another rubber band-activated mechanism with no provenance, so I will let this movable mailer speaks for itself.


(Imagined pitch meeting at the Toyota Motor Corporation, Australia, 1993)


Ad man: “Right-o, We need to liven up this dry information about the safety features of the new Toyota Camry. Any ideas, mates?

Copywriter: “How ‘bout we slap a chicken on top. Chickens make everything better.”

Ad man: “Fair dinkum, Fred Nerk, Let’s do it!”


~Kyle

No comments: