September 9, 2010

It's THAT time again...


After two years of waiting, scheming, planning, and nail biting, I am excited to see that the Movable Book Society will be holding it’s eight biennial conference in Portland, Oregon at the end of this month.

Established in 1993 by Ann Montanaro, the Movable Book Society has grown into the premiere organization for pop-up book enthusiasts. I had the good fortune to get involved with this non-profit group in 2000, and this will be the fifth conference I will have the pleasure to attend. Besides the informative quarterly newsletters, I anxiously look forward to this gathering of movable book collectors, artists, paper engineers and fans.

I assume that I am preaching to the choir on this one, but if you are interested in pop-ups (and why else would you be at this blog) you should consider joining the MBS. If you find yourself in the Portland area this month and would like more info on the conference be sure to check here.

~Kyle

No comments: