July 25, 2008

Longing for San Diego...


It's that time again! The annual San Diego Comic-Con is this weekend, and yet again, I am not there! Too bad for me, I guess. The best part of attending these massive conventions isn't all the exclusive action figures you can purchase or meeting thousands of other equally enthusiastic fans - no, the best part is seeing people all dress-up in wacky costumes (like this guy, above, Cobra Commander, bumbling arch-villian of the elite team known as G.I. Joe). Here's some of my favorites...

Space explorer and hero Adam Strange (above), from the DC Comics universe, eating a banana...


Wonder Woman - the pre-teen years (above)...


...and Lego Star Wars characters, Princess Leia and Darth Maul (above). Cute, huh?

I, of course, secretly wish I had the nerve to do the same - but I think it'd be a little difficult to stomp around in a Megatron constume (for those of you who don't know who that is, he's the evil leader of the Decepticons from the Transformers).  


-Matthew

No comments: