January 22, 2010

UPS Holiday


I know this is a little late but I just received a link to an excellent pop-up advertisement. This is a holiday spot for UPS that builds on the ingenious animated cardboard campaign that was created by Psyop, a multimedia design firm that takes it’s name from the mysterious government organization. Be sure to view the other amazing UPS Store animations at their website or Youtube channel.



What I love about many of the current digitally animated pop-ups are the attention to details and the creator’s desire to follow the physics of actual books. Psyop found a good middle ground when they developed these explosive environments and then asked me to consult on merging them with traditional paper engineered mechanics. It was exciting to work with the team and I can take no credit for the imaginative vision and impeccable execution, but you bet I will be keeping an eye on them to see what magical worlds they create next.


-Kyle

No comments: