December 2, 2008

Visit to Cedar Rapids


Alright, this is old news, but this past summer I went to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to visit my family and celebrate my Gramma's 90th birthday. Here's my Gram, Helen Wehby, on her big day with my sister Erin (always posed, tanned and up front), my three cousins (Lori, Lisa & Lynne) and me.


Most of my mom's side of the family is from Cedar Rapids - and my family lived there when I was young. Mom, Erin and I were lucky enough to spend some time in Cedar Rapids and explore some of my old haunts, like Bever Park.


I even visited my old school - I was a student of Mrs. Semeroth's second grade class at Erskine Elementary school in 1979. The school seemed a lot shorter than I remembered it.

- MR

1 comment:

Tbone said...

It was fun seeing these pictures as I too spent much time at Bever Park as a kid. I think everyone in CR knows about that giant rock (asteroid) in the park. I have climbed on it many times and have a picture standing on it as well!


Tim
tim@worldhardballleague.com